09 April 2013

The Bourne Identity (2002)



I thought I'd seen this film at least twice.

I was almost right.

I've started it at least twice, and then fallen asleep, been distracted, or had to leave.
This means that I've seen sections of it, but it turns out that I have never seen the end. 

 That means that, each time I see this, I'm surprised by how great Matt Damon is in an action movie.  Matt Damon huh?  Who would have thought?

I still feel like I need to watch this film again.  I missed some intricacies as I was revelling in merely being conscious for the whole thing.  It's a bit terrible that I've fallen asleep in a film so gripping.

It's a great film, it really is, I'm just still a bit unsure of what actually happens.  I missed key parts of narrative by exclaiming "Omigod I haven't seen this bit!!  Oh things make much more sense now!"  And it's not that the film is overly complex, I just have severe gaps in my absorption of it.

I need to be less excitable next time.

Final Thought:  Thinking about it now, I still can't actually recall how things tie together.  Dammit.

Up NextBreakfast At Tiffany's (1961)  

No comments: