17 June 2012

Clarification...

In conversation with The Bassist this morning, he commented that I don't seem to be talking as much about the films in my posts as he expected.  My intention is not to review them, there's enough people out there who do that, successfully or otherwise.  I'm giving my opinions, yes, but the idea of this writing project was different to that.
I was looking for some simple idea to prompt me to write regularly.  I have so many movies that watching them and writing responses appeared to be a good place to start.  Depending on how strongly I feel about my opinions on a film, some posts may tend toward being a review, but for me it's not about that.  I'm just writing responses about whatever occurs to me.  Recounting the first time I saw the film, or why I felt the need to buy it, or the sentiments it stirs up, or an opinion I have about a general subject regarding films.  I'm just intending to write, not review.  It's about how I relate to my movie collection personally.  I can understand why The Bassist was confused, and most likely others will be too, if they read what I'm posting.

I'm not trying to review these movies, I'm just writing about them and whatever else I may be reminded of as a result of watching them.

No comments: