15 June 2012

New Project

It has been such a long time since I've posted and life has changed dramatically.

But, I've missed writing.  At the moment, in order to have the motivation to write, I need a reason.  Something to write about.  I've been waiting for a project idea to come to me, and, as I passed my shelves this evening, it finally did.

I'm going to watch all the movies I own.  In alphabetical order.

It's not a groundbreaking project, I know.
But it's an easy place to start, and it should give me a fair bit of fodder for writing.
It's easy to feel connected to movies.  It could be that you watched it after a bad breakup, or that you watched it every weekend as a child, or that it was introduced to you by someone who had an impact in your life.
I guess, in this project, I'm looking to entice these memories back to me, and use them as material to get myself writing again.
I have a policy that I don't tend buy DVDs that I don't feel I'd want to watch over and over again.  That means that I only buy movies that have grabbed my attention in one way or another.  Although, I must admit, there's some gambles in there as well.  Some left me pleasantly surprised, and some left me not entirely convinced.

So that's my simple idea.  I plan to write a post for each film I watch.  I have a lot of DVDs... I don't even know how long this will take, what with having a full time job.  Let's see how it goes.

No comments: