07 July 2012

The Adjustment Bureau (2011)



I'm not sure what pulled me to watch this movie for the first time.  I can't remember having seen the trailer, or having read a review, or anyone commenting on it to me.  So far as I know, I picked it up at random.  Apart from liking the stars (which, let's face it, is a starting point for most people when it comes to choosing films to watch), I took something of a gamble.

I find the concept interesting.  It's not entirely a fresh take on who governs our fate, in fact it's a pretty easy step to take.  It works for me because it's simple.  

The idea behind it, so far as I can tell, is that perhaps those who guide us are just as caught up in bureaucracy as we are.  Perhaps they are just as unsure of the reasons they do things, but they do them anyway because that's what they're told.  It's easy to grasp the metaphor of the higher powers being just as corporate as those on Earth.


The soundtrack is quite lovely too.

Final Thought: Matt Damon is possibly the most likeable person in Hollywood.

Up Next: Aladdin (1992)

No comments: