19 August 2012

America's Sweethearts (2001)





I'll be honest:  I bought this film because it has John Cusack in it.  That's pretty much all there is to it.  It's not an amazing film.  To its credit, it has some amusing moments, but it's quite harmless.


These days I work in the entertainment industry (and that's as specific as I'll get for now), and this is the first time I have watched this film since getting my current job.  I found it more amusing this time around as a result.  Some of the situations are outlandish, but the way that the "talent" is constantly placated and handled is spot on.  It's rather discomforting when you think about it.

Final Thought:  Every time Hank Azaria's character popped up on screen, it set my teeth on edge.  The accent is ridiculous, distracting and unnecessary.  I don't know whether he's been on The Simpsons for too long, or what, but it didn't need to be that extreme.  Unbearable.

Up Next:  An American In Paris (1951)

No comments: